Tuesday 13 August 2013

Book Review: My Soul To Steal by Rachel Vincent


  • Title: My Soul To Steal (Soul Screamers #4)
  • Author: Rachel Vincent
  • Page Count & Publisher: 375 | Mira Ink (Harlequin)
  • Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
  • Format: Paperback
  • Links: Amazon UK | Goodreads
Summary:
Still reeling after the events of My Soul To Keep, Kaylee is trying to figure things out with Nash. She still has deep feelings for him but can't work out how to trust him. But worse than that, his ex-girlfriend, Sabine, has started at their school and she fully intends on carrying on where she left off. After a spate of suspicious deaths at the school, Kaylee begins to suspect it has something to do with Sabine. It turns out Sabine is a mara, she feeds on people's deepest fears and Sabine isn't above using Kaylee's fears against her.

My Thoughts:
Four books into the series and it's not slowing down at all! We're still learning more about the Bean Sidhe world with Kaylee and a few new creatures are introduced. This book in particular was fast paced, never letting Kaylee relax for one minute!

I'm still feeling for Kaylee after the events of the last book and I'm somewhat stunned when I've seen reviews saying that she should just get over it and not leave Nash hanging. Kaylee was betrayed in a horrific way and she's got to deal with that before she can even think about a relationship again. Just as she's started talking to him again, the ex-girlfriend shows up. I liked Sabine, she knows what she wants and how to get it. Amazingly, she has no ill wishes towards Kaylee (until later in the book when events start spiraling) and offers to be friends once the whole Nash business is dealt with.

I'm liking Tod more and more as well. He seems to be offering some comic relief in the books, in this one he gets a new job to keep himself entertained between hospital shifts.

Perhaps this one had just a tad too much of a rushed ending. The long buildup was great, you're lead down one path of plot before it veers off and you see how wrong you were. But it all got resolved a bit too quickly and felt incomplete. Though I'm sure we'll be seeing more fall out from that in the next book.

My Rating:  photo 1369523037_001_15.png photo 1369523037_001_15.png photo 1369523037_001_15.png photo 1369523037_001_15.png photo 1369523023_001_17.png

2 comments:

  1. I really need a good new book to read! So glad I stumbled upon this blog!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! This series is really worth reading, I'm enjoying it so much!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know what you think of this entry! Questions, comments, suggestions?